This month James and Matt talk about new Microsoft Learn modules on the Surface Duo. The continuing saga of the Xamarin.Forms Shell quick tips.
Of course it's a new month and that means there's a new preview version of Visual Studio! Find out all the goodness that goes along with that.
If you wanted to detect if your app was run for the first time ever, or the first time for a new version, or whatevs... Xamarin.Essentials has you covered with a great API.
James and Matt also talk about how to really supercharge your Xamarin.Android app startup times.
There's a ton of Azure news too ... including some confusion over what exactly the service of the month should be!
And of course, the Azure Service of the Month and Pick of the Pod!
- Visual Studio v16.8 Preview 2
- XAML hot reload for UWP in action
- Microsoft Learn Surface Duo Developer Training for Xamarin.Forms
- App first run detection with Xamarin.Essentials
- Profiling Xamarin.Android startup
- Xamarin.Forms Shell Quick Tips: Modal Navigation
- Managed Identities w/ Azure Functions
- Azure Cosmos DB for the SQL Professional
- Understanding Azure Cosmos DB for relational data
Azure Service of the Month
Pick of the Pod!
As always, get yourself some free Azure here!